Hi I’m Jeff
This site is about the intersection of business growth, marketing strategy and practical wisdom. This site is for ambitious startup founders who want mastery over their businesses, freedom in their finances and respect in their market.
I’m an entrepreneur, and the author of the Dominant Force.
I’ve started. grown and worked with busiensses in Technology, Fashion, Education, Retail and Consulting.
This site is one of the ways I help entrepreneurs all over the world.
The 5 main insights you will gain by being here are
1. How to grow a sustainable business that you enjoy running.
2. How to get financial freedom so you don’t have to do things you don’t enjoy for money.
3. How to gain recognition as the celebrated authority in your field.
4. How to outperform your competition in both revenue and global impact.
5. How to become the kind of entrepreneur that others envy for your mind and results.
You shouldn’t be here if
You have “legitimate” excuses for failure.
(The less excuses you have the better life will be for you.)
At 17, I lived with my grandmother briefly in London.
To make money on the side I took a fulltime 12 hour sales job.
It was solely commission so I only got paid if I made sales.
On any given week, we had to speak with at least 100 to 300 small business owners.
That experience taught me a few important things you should consider.
- Boldness must accompany knowledge
There are many things that are important to the growth of a business but the most successful people have not been those who knew the most.
It’s been the few who acted on their understanding consistently while others complained.
- Businesses are built on a unique insight that has great execution
A lot of entrepreneurs are struggling because they don’t have any context, understanding or unique insight in their field.
This of course leads to a lot of uncertainty, overwhelm and stress.
The Solution: Find an idea that you are both passionate and uniquely equipped to execute.
Secondly, focus your consistent execution on results and not just activity for the sake of it.
Back to my story
I’m going to share with you how I started, my challenges and share the secrets to my success.
I’ll also offer you something unique during this presentation.
My story starts in Ghana where I was born and raised there for most of my life.
My journey to fortune includes selling Valentine’s day cards and cellphones in high school to-
- selling sunglasses door to door on the streets of England at 17
- starting and growing a T shirt printing business and Artisan Management firm in Ghana
- building one of Africa’s first IOS apps in 2008
- selling handmade shoes
- running a branding and design firm
- teaching a STEM workshop for African youth
- running a Consulting and Professional services firm in Silicon Valley
- building the world’s first mobile strategy game for Entrepreneurs
My biggest secrets are-
- Faith- I literally moved from nothing to having more than I could ever ask or imagine.
It will surprise you that the top 10 percent of successful entrepreneurs and business owners in this world aren’t necessarily smarter.
Success stands behind the door of boldness.
- Choosing the right customer.
- Giving customers more value than they paid for.
It’s that simple. I haven’t met a single struggling business owner who has a strategic vision and a plan to get there.
Most people focus on traffic tactics, promotional gimmicks and generally copying anything they can see someone else doing.
All of the above have merit but without a strategic system, you will likely retire from your busy working life knowing you could have achieved more.
Here are some answers to the questions I get asked often:
Q1-What is the biggest cause of slow growth for business owners?
Overwhelm and a lack of focus. Most business owners are doing too many things at the same time and not focusing on what will produce the highest upside and leverage.
Q2 What are the simple solutions for busy entrepreneurs?
You can cure overwhelm with these simple steps.
(Interestingly both the Harvard Business Review and the Stanford News Service have spent a lot of time researching this.)
Step 1 You have to understand where you are now.
Write down how much money your business has brought you in the last 12 months.
Step 2 I’d like you to calculate what your rudimentary expenses are.
For eg. house payments, children, gas, cars etc.
Successful businesses bring in at least 8 times whatever the monthly expenses are.
At least. Anything else is unacceptable.
Step 3 Where do you want to be?
Hypothetically let’s say you made $2.5m after taxes last year.
In the next 2 years you want to double that figure to $5m.
Step 4 What will it cost you to get there?
This is where you do an appraisal of what your highest growth drivers are.
The wise thing to do next is to double down on those drivers and optimize them so that you reap more than what you spend in Marketing and Advertising.
If you were not satisfied after this short exercise, it means you are probably not the dominant force or celebrated authority in your field.
This is where I usually educated the person on our Advanced Startup Kit.
Q3-What do you do?
I set up marketing campaigns, sales systems and invest in successful entrepreneurs via Manu Equity.
Q3 What has driven your business’ growth?
These 3 pillars were and are still the greatest drivers of my growth
- Identify and attract high value, high paying clients.
2. Only do the most productive activities to help them.
3. Convert more of them with an automated Content Marketing system.
Q5- What does your sales sequence look like?
This is the exact sales sequence that took me from struggling business owner to respected authority.
1. Create a lead magnet that demonstrates value.
2. Deploy an offer that takes away risk and promises more value.
3. Close the sale by using mental triggers to convert the prospect.
Q6- What are the 3 main traffic sources you use?
1. Leveraged alliances via joint ventures, collaborations and affiliates
2. High Impact Appearances, speaking engagements and workshops
3. Highly Targeted Behavior Based Advertising campaigns
Q7- What is your best advice when it comes to pricing?
Your price should always be a discount of the value you are selling.
For example, my fee starts at $50,000 because I can help a successful business owner make $500,000.
Q8- What books do you recommend for growing a business?
- Titan by Ron Chernow
- The Bible (from the Book of Acts to Hebrews)
- Success Systems by David Oyedepo
- Signposts On The Road To Success by E.W Kenyon
- Made In America by Sam Walton
Worked 12 hours a day as a door to door salesman on the streets of London at 17…
Is married to the most AMAZING woman in the world…
- Loves reading biographies…
- Teaches at a Bible Study ….
- Has never been able to stand and touch his toes..
- Has worked, partnered and started businesses in Technology, Advertising, Branding, Fashion..
- Led the product development of one of Africa’s first IOS apps in 2008
- Can teach you how to read a 300 page book in 2 hours
- Is now one of the leading authorities mental triggers and copy to attract customers and increase profits.
- Is an advisor to Christian business owners
- AND believes love is the best business strategy.
Get the most advanced startup growth guide available.
Implement them in your business and let me know what happens.
Got a question? firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading and God bless you in all your endeavors.